Password change and LDAP

Pierre Filippone pierre.filippone at retail-sc.com
Tue Apr 6 08:49:45 GMT 2004

Hi,

we use LDAP as passdb backend in the classic way: PDC using the LDAP
master,  BDC using the LDAP slave.

We now face the problem, that after a password change the user gets an
"invalid credentials" message which is caused
by the replication delay. I think this is a known issue.

I've read in the archive, that it might be possible to insert a small
delay somewhere in the code, i.e. 1 or 2 seconds, after user
password change to avoid this error message. I know this should not be the
final solution, but has anybody already implemented this ?

I looked into the code, but can't find the right place to insert the
delay.

Thanks for your help.

Pierre Filippone