[svlug] SMB smb_proc_readdir_long errors?

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Tue Sep 30 04:34:42 GMT 2003

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 21:15:49 -0700 (PDT)
Richard Sharpe <rsharpe at richardsharpe.com> wrote:

> OK, I have redirected this to Samba Technical. Steve French, the
> author of the Linux 2.5/2.5 smbfs will most likely be interested in
> this.

Thanks for the forward.  To amplify quickly:

  I have a 2.6.0-test6 Linux box mounting a W2K export.

  The mount appears clean.

  If I `cd` into the mount I see all the expected files and directories.

  However one subdirectory usually appears empty under `ls`.  In reality
  it contains a little over 700 files.  If I keep issuing `ls` commands
  most of the time it will report the directory empty, but every so
  often it will show the files.

  When it reports the directory entry I get the following in syslog:

    kernel: smb_proc_readdir_long: error=-2, breaking

kernel: 2.6.0-test6
smbfs: 3.0.0

--
J C Lawrence