samba-3.0.0 -- some comments + patch

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Mon Sep 29 15:07:22 GMT 2003

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 15:59, Peter Breitenlohner wrote:
> > A "canonical" method to achieve such things is to use some "stamp" files
> > as auxiliary targets in the build tree.
> This would make the makefile a lot more complicated. However, if you
> have a patch, I'd be happy to look at it.

I just had a second look at your configure.in and Makefile.in, and found that
things are actually quite simple.

All you have to do is to change
	SMB_SUBSYSTEM(PDB,passdb/pdb_interface.c)
into
	SMB_SUBSYSTEM(PDB,passdb/pdb_interface.o)
in configure.in (and the same for all other SMB_SUBSYSTEM's)

and change
	ifelse([$2], , :, [touch $2])
into
	ifelse([$2], , :, [rm -f $2])
in the definition of SMB_SUBSYSTEM in aclocal.m4.

Thus instead of touching the source file configure removes any existing
object file. That's all.

regards
Peter Breitenlohner <peb at mppmu.mpg.de>