Samba 3.0.0rc3 on Solaris 8 -- unexpected diagnostics

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at vernstok.nl
Mon Sep 29 14:13:04 GMT 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 16:10, David Collier-Brown wrote:
>   It doesn't matter to thye link bug, as the link command calls gcc
> and the options were for the sun linker.
>    In general, i build a copy at work with cc and another at home with
> gcc. This happened to be the cc version.
If ./configure finds a gcc compiler, it checks whether the linker is the
GNU linker and then sets the link flags for the GNU linker. However, if
it finds a different compiler, it does not check whether the linker is
the GNU linker. I was wondering whether that was the problem you were
hitting.

Jelmer

Jelmer Vernooij  - http://jelmer.vernstok.nl/