winbind and getent - fix ...

C.Lee Taylor leet at leenx.co.za
Fri Sep 26 10:30:40 GMT 2003

Greetings ...

    Sorry for cross posting, but  I have seen this problem on both lists ...

    Okay, I am not sure if this is a problem only on RedHat using the
rpm, because I tried only with rpm installations ...

    Install Samba3 from rom on RedHat 9.  Configure and join domain,
kewl.  Test winbind with wbinfo -u and -g, also kewl, but no answer from
getent passwd ... put in winbind in nsswitch.conf in the right places.

    Finally found that the rpm was not installing/creating the sym-link
in /lib from libnss_winbind.so to libnss_winbind.so.2 ... after this, I
was able to getent passwd ...

    Hope this helps.

Thanks
Mailed