Minor formatting issue in the Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Fri Sep 26 18:53:11 GMT 2003

Scott DF wrote:

> In this document, I notice that all the opening quotation marks are
> actually closed quotation marks.  As I don't know the source of this
> document, or how it interrelates to other docs, I can't presume to
> _know_ the fix, but if it is something like e.g., a LaTeX source, I
> would be happy to make the changes.

Standard 8-bit character sets do not have openning and closing quotation
marks.  They have only " which is ASCII 34.  Microsoft's proprietary
character sets include both open and closed quotation marks, but these are
assigned values in the reserved ranges and should not be used.  I am not
sure how one encodes these marks for use with PDF (but I assume that it will
have something to do with specifics of the font used).

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org