Adding user problem with Samba-3.0.0

Raphaël Berghmans rberghmans at arafox.com
Fri Sep 26 15:53:54 GMT 2003

Hi,

I've compiled successfuly a Samba-3.0.0. with LDAP support. In my
smb.conf I've a add user script from smbldap-tools. But when I try to
add a new user whith smbpasswd, the following error appears :

Failed initialise SAM_ACCOUNT for user xyz
Failed to modify password entry for user xyz

I've the same problem with pdbedit -a -u xyz

But when I create a simple posixAccount with smbldap-useradd.pl, the
smbpasswd -a xyz or pdbedit -a -u xyz works perfectly !

I don't understand why the smbpasswd or pdbedit doesn't call the "add
user script" ?

Thank you for your help !

Raphaël

--