mismatched domain causes wierd behaviour

Brad Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Thu Sep 25 00:25:01 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 19:08, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> > Perhaps it would make sense to put in some kind of check that these SIDs
> > are the same...
>
> There is...  I added that code to pdb_ldap.  What's not functioning
> about it?
Unfortunately I deleted the logs but after much searching through them i
saw no nasty messages to the effect of MISMATCHED DOMAIN SIDS in
there...

Other ideas
- failing to start smbd or some other such drastic warning...
- a testparm warning

maybe it's not really a big deal - but I have the sneaking suspicion
that I'm not the only idiot around.

brad