browse.dat

Guy Roussin guy.roussin at teledetection.fr
Wed Sep 24 10:21:54 GMT 2003

The workgroup name of guest host on our network ( and which use "exotic"
workgroups names) remains in the list of windows browsing indefinitely.

So now, we have in the windows browsing a great number of workgroups names
who do not correspond any more to any host.

We can see theses hosts in the browse.dat files (note the 80001000)
"TEMPO"                   80001000 "PC_KIPU4"                    "TEMPO"
"SRFD"                    80001000 "SONY"                        "SRFD"

We can do :
grep -v 80001000 browse.dat > browse.new ; mv browse.new browse.dat

But after a few seconds, the lines "80001000" are automatically recreated.

How can we indicate that these hosts do not exist any more on our network?

Thanks,

--
Guy Roussin