Samba 3 and LDAP support, semi-broken ?

gary ng garyng2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 23 11:39:07 GMT 2003

Thanks for the reply. I found the source of the issue.
I need to add objectClass "shadowAccount" in addition
to "posixAccount" in order to resolve the uid/gid that
the authentication module wants to see. I don't know
if this is a requirement of libnss_ldap or samba
though.

BTW, do you use winbind as well ? I found another
problem related to libnss_winbind which I don't know
how to trace or solve.