Good location for *.msg files for swat i18n?

Tim Potter tpot at samba.org
Tue Sep 23 01:44:56 GMT 2003

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 05:28:54PM +1000, Tim Potter wrote:

> > Tim Potter wrote:
> > >I was wondering what the correct place to store these
> > >guys is.  I suggest $prefix/lib/msg.
> >
> > I think that's good.
>
> Right - I'll try and get this done then unless anyone else can come
> up with a better or more appropriate name.

I've updated bug #456 with a few ideas:

Step #1 is to move the msg files from source/po to swat/lang.  I don't
think it's appropriate for them to be in the source directory.

Step #2 (patch in bugzilla) is to modify the installswat script to
install the msg files from swat/lang to $prefix/swat/lang/$ln/$ln.msg
where $ln is the browser's preferred language.  A small modification to
lang_tdb.c is required here.

I think $prefix/swat/lang is a better place for the msg files than
$prefix/lib.

Tim.