Samba 3.0 question: multithreading

Damir Dezeljin programing at mbss.org
Sat Sep 20 07:05:42 GMT 2003

Hi.

Samba 2.x architecture design was that one thread is spawned for each
machine accessing Samba server. This produce an Windows Explorer freeze if
the mentioned thread for some reason get blocked.

I checked the Samba 3.x docs, but I didn't find any info if this was
changed in Samba 3.x. Is Samba 3.x stil using a single thread for each
client or does it spawn a new thread for each access like WinNT?

If yes (Samba stil use single thread per machine) is it planed to change
this in future and if yes, when?

Regards,
Dezo