Samba 2.2.8a and Windows 2000

Joe Meslovich joe at bridgewater.edu
Wed Sep 17 20:28:10 GMT 2003

My domain controller is a solaris system running Samba 2.2.8a. My wins
server is also a solaris system running 2.2.8a. I have two Windows 2000
based NAS appliances that I have joined to that samba domain. The problem
I am seeing is that periodically the Windows boxes will fall out of WINS
and I can't get them to reappear without disabling/re-enabling the adapter
or rebooting the system. I am not sure why they disappear and why they
don't automatically get added back into WINS. This is the first time I
have had windows based servers in my domain, I've dealt solely with
windows clients in the past so I don't know if there is a gotcha that I am
just missing.

Joe Meslovich

Joe Meslovich						joe at bridgewater.edu
Associate Network/Systems Engineer	                IT Center
Tel: (540) 828 - 5343