sam replication

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Sep 14 00:07:16 GMT 2003

On Sat, 2003-09-13 at 00:39, Richard Renard wrote:
> hi,
>
> Here at Idealx, we would like to implement the replication system
> between samba 3 and NT in the 2 cases
> - NT4 PDC and Samba 3 BDC
> - Samba 3 PDC and NT4 BDC

By implement, do you mean that you want to code it up, or you were
expecting to be able to use it?  It's a non-trivial amount of work to
get NT to sync from us.  Most of the structures are known now (ethereal
parses it) but NT will probably be a lot more demanding as a client than
Samba is to NT (because with samba, we get to choose only what we know
works - I doubt NT will be so kind).

But if you are serious, then I'll be most interested to see the results!

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net