Mac OS X - compilation experiences and issues

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Sep 12 17:41:38 GMT 2003

Just a quick comment on this section, I'll go over the rest
of the mail later.

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 03:25:26PM +0200, Benjamin Riefenstahl wrote:
> Bugs
> ----
>
> Probable bugs that I have seen:
>
> - convert_string() doesn't fixup srclen in the generic part (below the
>   fast-path).  Doing this as a first thing before the fast-path code
>   also means you don't have to check for srclen==-1 at every step in
>   that code.

This is intentional. Doing the scan over the string in strlen()
there means the data is read twice. This is expensive over millions
of calls. Not doing the strlen there, as it is only needed when
convert_string_internal is called is a definate performace win.

I'll check out the rest later. Thanks,

Jeremy.