Migration to samba-pdc / Group SID & rpc-printer question

Torsten Kalix torsten.kalix at bredex.de
Thu Sep 11 12:08:47 GMT 2003

Hello everybody!

A couple of days ago we move our NT-PDC to a smaba-PDC using version
3.0.0rc2 on Solaris 8. Things are working fine so far :-) But there are
two questions left:

When looking through all the accounts, it came out that some
machine-accounts have a different Primary Group SID than others. I do
noticed any differences, as we can log-on all the machines. So the
question is how important this Group SID is for a machine account.

The second problem is that I configured / installed rpc printing. I
uploaded (as root) the printer driver and made all the settings
necessary. All users are able to print (from Win2000 SP4), but if you
are NOT in the group for administering the printer, then you do not get
the settings I have defined. If you are a printer-admin it works fine =
I can see the settings & change them. No, there are no error-messages in
the log-file, exept (from time to time, and I do not know why):

[2003/09/11 14:05:22, 0] smbd/service.c:make_connection(844)
   gideon (192.54.48.33) couldn't find service
::{2227a280-3aea-1069-a2de-08002b30309d}

All the configurations have been done using the FAQ / Mailing-list.
I have attached my smb.conf (just in case...)

Thanks for your help & especially thanks for everyone involved in making
  samba.

Regards,

	Torsten.