What's about pdb_plugin.c ?

Aurélien Degrémont adegremont at idealx.com
Tue Sep 9 11:43:07 GMT 2003

Hi,

I'm presently working on a patch for tdb backends and particularly on
mysql backend.
In the example files provides with Samba, we can find an example of
smb.conf in 'examples/pdb/mysql/', in order to use a mysql backend.
This example contains this line :

	passdb backend = plugin:/usr/local/samba/lib/pdb_mysql.so:mysql

which uses (I suppose) the pdb plugin available in passdb/pdb_plugin.c
But this file is not use neither in Makefile nor in the other source file.

I suppose smbd can load the passdb backend modules without this file, so
what's about it ?

I propose to change the line to:

	passdb backend = mysql:samba

according to smb.conf manpage.