ERRSRV - ERRbadpw (Can someone please help me resolve this er ror)

Goff, Jim Jim.Goff at pegs.com
Thu Sep 4 16:09:43 GMT 2003

Thank you for the quick response.  I ended up "or so I think" fixing the
problem in this case anyway.  In the smb.conf guest account = guest, however
no guest account existed in Unix /etc/passwd file.  I can either create a
guest account on the Unix system in /etc/passwd OR just not set "guest
account = " in the smb.conf.  I think not having a guest account in Unix is
more secure, so I opted for that choice.  Though I am not yet sure of the
consequences of not have a guest account set in smb.conf and am reading up
on "security = " settings as well (whether to set to share level or user
level).

Thanks,
Jim Goff, SCSE
Pegasus Solutions, INC.
UNIX Systems Administration
480-624-6564
602-316-1368 (cell)

"...our best built certainties are but sand-houses and subject to damage
from any wind of doubt that blows."
-- Mark Twain -  "The Great Dark" --