[Fwd: [Samba] Samba 2.2.8a and sendfile]

Jarmo Järvenpää Jarmo.Jarvenpaa at softers.net
Tue Sep 2 07:05:16 GMT 2003

Originally sent to: samba at lists.samba.org.
Note: I'm not subscribed on this list.
---------

Dear all,

I did not find anything related to this problem;

Samba with sendfile support enabled, works fine with W2k but not with
NT4.

Problems with NT4 are constant lockups (which take half a minute for
computer to start responding again) when accessing network drives.

- All our NT4 workstations show this behaviour.
- Disabling sendfile cures this problem.
- W2k workstations are not affected in any case.

Anything to test? Is this a known reason?

Regards,
Jarmo