trust domain down cause winbind not work

Lin Li linl at xandros.com
Thu Oct 30 18:32:01 GMT 2003

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Lin Li wrote:
> | Hi,
> |
> | I'm using samba3.0.0. It seems when a trust domain is down
> | can not login with domain user on my own domain using winbind.
> | Is this a bug or feature missing?
> |
> | On a windows client I can login my own domain.
>
> get a level 10 de3bug log of winbindd with timestampsand see
> where it is hanging.  It should time out trying to contact
> the trusted DC eventually.  You can also manually change
> the failed connection cache TTL as well.

It's doing ads_try_connect and it do time out. The first time I had this
test it times out after about 20 minutes. Today I tested it again and it
times out after about 3 minutes. I did a package syncronize with debian
testing yesterday. I will do more testing.

Do you know where is the time out set?

Thanks,
Lin

--