smbclient, SMBwrite vs SMBwriteX

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Wed Oct 29 02:24:03 GMT 2003

Chris Dunlop wrote:
:
> No... I know close to nothing about SMB beyond what I learnt
> from viewing the data stream (using ethereal - I see you're
> involved in that project), I wasn't even aware that there /is/
> such a thing as an SMB protocol level.
:

You'll want the SMB chapter of http://ubiqx.org/cifs/
...specifically:  http://ubiqx.org/cifs/SMB.html#SMB.6

I've done what I can to detail the protocol layout and interpretation.

The nice thing about having written an Open Content book is that I can point
to it without being accused of "advertising".  :)

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org