tdb_lock failed

Brandon Craig Rhodes brandon at oit.gatech.edu
Tue Oct 28 21:23:43 GMT 2003

Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org> writes:

> Hopefully not :-(. Did you try Andrew Bartletts suggestion of
> running winbindd to cause it to linearise the queries to the DC ?

>From what I am seeing, contention for the secrets.tdb record lock on
the client machines are automatically linearizing requests from
particular labs, and only three labs are up at the moment.

I am thinking that our 2 MB smbpasswd file is probably becoming a
point of resource contention.  I would like to move over to something
that does not require a linear search, and a passdb.tdb seems the most
obvious quick target - but unfortunately most of the 23,452 entries
are old-style ones of the form:

aa103:60001:<hash>:<hash>:U

without the trailing unique identifiers that the pdbedit command needs
to migrate an smbpasswd file to a passdb.tdb hash.

Does *anyone* know how to process an old-style smbpasswd file to add
the trailing unique identifiers to each entry?!

--
Brandon Craig Rhodes                         http://www.rhodesmill.org/brandon
Georgia Tech                                            brandon at oit.gatech.edu