password policy on samba 3.0

Aurélien Degrémont adegremont at idealx.com
Tue Oct 28 10:44:13 GMT 2003

Hi,

We're presently working on patches concerning "password policy".
There is "where we are" :)

In order to have these patches ready, some changes must be added to
SAM_ACCOUNTs.
And, to have these changes done, TDBSAM must be upgraded.
I have made a patch for TDBSAM which was proposed a week ago. I'm
wainting for Samba Team's comments.

More over, if we want "password uniqueness", a new field must be added,
in order to store the former passwords.
I started a discution concerning the fields that must be added (a week
ago too), and i'm also waiting for comments about it.

About "password lock", sam backends must have a new functionnality which
able them to do atomic modifications (incremental modifications). I have
not started to work on it yet.

See my previous patches on samba-technical archives.

Aurélien Degrémont