samba 3.0 / idmap in ADS ?

Luke Howard lukeh at PADL.COM
Tue Oct 28 00:20:06 GMT 2003

>In file included from /usr/include/sys/types.h:133,
>                 from samba-3.0.0/source/include/includes.h:86,
>                 from xad_oss_plugins-22/idmap_ad/idmap_ad.c:12:
>/usr/include/linux/time.h:10: parse error before "time_t"
>/usr/include/linux/time.h:12: parse error before '}' token
>/usr/include/linux/time.h:18: parse error before "time_t"
>/usr/include/linux/time.h:44: field `it_interval' has incomplete type
>/usr/include/linux/time.h:45: field `it_value' has incomplete type
>/usr/include/linux/time.h:46: confused by earlier errors, bailing out

Did you build SAMBA first? idmap_ad.c just #includes "includes.h",
which I would expect to work without including any additional system
headers.

But you could try adding

#include <time.h>

to the top of idmap_ad.c.

>2nd Q: I'd like to know if I need to do something else although
>implementing these library and changing my smb.conf to use: idmap
>backend = ad:ldap://myadserver/ ;
>I mean something like change a structure in the ADS, install something
>else or whatever.

That should work - the idea is that you use your existing Active Directory
with the Microsoft Services for UNIX v2 or RFC 2307 schema installed. Note
that, unlike the other idmap backends, idmap_ad does not (yet) create
dynamic identity mappings: you will need to have provisioned POSIX UID and
GID numbers in your directory a priori.

Let me know if you have any questions!

regards,

-- Luke