Migrating from Samba 2.2.8A PDC -> Samba 3.0 PDC

Yashpal Nagar yash at linux-delhi.org
Wed Oct 22 10:02:46 GMT 2003

Dear Samba team,

   In my last organistaion i used to run PDC on samba 2.2.5a IIRC. My
biggest problem was the user profiles,
All the profiles+ desktop icons+ My doc etc used to sit on PDC server.
Sometimes our users were having profiles as big as 250 MB due to their
personnel files, mp3 etc on desktop. It increased the logon time to several
minutes. which was really hectic.:((

When i tried to disable the profile logon path = \\%L\Profiles\%U problem i
faced that user complain that there desktop settings , background etc were
lost.

Can someone suggest me that Profiles etc remain on the local m/c itself,
without lossing any settings even after reboot , and authentication +
respective home dir mapped to clients.

Please help!!

Warm regards,
-Yash