release tarball sizes

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Wed Oct 22 03:33:07 GMT 2003

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 10:03:46AM +0800, Jeff Chua wrote about 'Re: release tarball sizes':
> On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> > Packagers should have enough clue to pull the sources from CVS imho.

> Not everyone has access to the CVS due to corporate firewall restriction.

> I would prefer to have the doc as a separate tar ball from the samba
> source, and both reside in the same release directory. So, if there's a
> new patch for the source, but nothing change to the doc, the doc.tar
> doesn't need to be downloaded. If there's a change to just the doc,
> release a new doc.tar.
This is about the doc sources (the docbook files), out of which we
generate the docs. The docs will still be included in the main
tarball. These docbook sources shouldn't be interesting to any user.

jelmer

--
Jelmer Vernooij                                              <jelmer at samba.org>
http://samba.org/~jelmer/                             http://samba.vernstok.nl/