Migrating from Samba 2.2.8A PDC -> Samba 3.0 PDC

ODC odc-public at hotpop.com
Wed Oct 22 02:34:24 GMT 2003

Hi,

I run a Samba 2.2.8a PDC, and I had thought that Samba 3.0 would be a
seamless drop-in upgrade for my system.  Apparantly it isn't.

What is the proper way to migrate to the new software ?  There is no
documentation talking about this.

Thank you.

[global]

     netbios name = fairchild
     workgroup = donut-ring.net
     server string = "Primary Domain Controller and Fileserver"

     os level = 65
     domain logons = yes
     preferred master = yes
     domain master = yes
     local master = yes

     security = domain
     #domain admin group = @users

     null passwords = yes
     encrypt passwords = yes
     unix password sync = yes
     passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
     passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n
*successfully*

     name resolve order = host
     smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smb.passwd
     username map = /etc/samba/smb.users

     syslog = 1
     syslog only = yes
     log level = 5

     time server = true

     load printers = no

     create mask = 0600
     directory mask = 0700
     force create mode = 0600
     force directory mode = 0700

     logon drive = H:
     #logon path = \\%L\profiles
     logon home = \\%L\%U
     logon script = scripts\logon.bat

     add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g smb-mach -s
/bin/false -M %u