smbc_opendir from 2.2.8a misses some files

Cameron Paine cbp at null.net
Tue Oct 21 18:27:28 GMT 2003

On Tuesday, 21 October 2003,  Richard Sharpe said:

> On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Cameron Paine wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday, 21 October 2003 Richard Sharpe observed:
> >
> > > OK, I have reviewed that link you sent, and I can't access
> > > the attachment.
> >
> > Neither could I. I wrote to the author...

Yasuoka Masahiko responded to my email and has sent me his
patch. I will forward it to you directly rather than post
it to the list. I have copied him in on this message.

> > > Could you send me a network capture of the problem at all?
[snip]
> tcpdump would be great...

Site policy precludes me running a sniffer on the corporate
network. The network guys are rigging me a private test network
which should be available for me to test on later today.

A couple of questions about the tcpdump capture:

How much of each datagram do you need (i.e. what snaplen)?
tcpdump grabs 68 bytes by default.

Can Ethereal handle a binary capture (I know what Ethereal is
but I've never used it)?

Cameron Paine