viewing jobs in printer queues broken in 3.0.0?

daniel.jarboe at custserv.com daniel.jarboe at custserv.com
Tue Oct 21 11:13:14 GMT 2003

I see the same thing, when samba has been compiled with or without cups
support.  To make it very obvious, try pausing the queue.  Keep an eye
on the "Printers and Faxes" folder where you can see the number of jobs
per queue, and also the window that lists the jobs in the print queue.
Send a few jobs... perhaps try a refresh, you should soon see the
discrepancies.  Print works, but queue reporting usually doesn't.  Our
test samba3 server is in a different subnet though, so I don't know if
that affects this.  For us this was with RH EL3 beta (cups
1.1.17-13.3.6) and RH 9 (cups 1.1.17-13.3).

> > What version of CUPS do you have? What is the platform?
>
> Trying with cups turned on doesn't help either. To make it
> clear what I am
> complaining about, I am not saying you can't print, rather
> that you can't
> list print jobs queued to print on the server. If you send a
> print job, it
> is listed immediately after you send it, possibly while it is
> still being
> transmitted, but shortly after it disappears, regardless as
> to whether it
> is actually printed.

This message is the property of Time Inc. or its affiliates. It may be
legally privileged and/or confidential and is intended only for the use
of the addressee(s). No addressee should forward, print, copy, or
otherwise reproduce this message in any manner that would allow it to be
viewed by any individual not originally listed as a recipient. If the
notified that any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information
herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this message.
Thank you.