viewing jobs in printer queues broken in 3.0.0?

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Tue Oct 21 09:56:03 GMT 2003

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, John H Terpstra wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, M A Young wrote:
>
> > As far as I can tell, viewing of print jobs on the server is
> > completely broken in samba 3. I have tested this on linux and solaris
> > servers (the active lines in the smb.conf file from the linux box are
> > below), with spoolss on and off, and from XP and smbclient. Presumably
> > this means that the job management facilities are also broken. Is this a
> > known bug, or conversely does someone have a setup where viewing print
> > queues on the server actually works?
>
> Works for me. Is it still "completely broken" with the following changes?
> What version of CUPS do you have? What is the platform?

Trying with cups turned on doesn't help either. To make it clear what I am
complaining about, I am not saying you can't print, rather that you can't
list print jobs queued to print on the server. If you send a print job, it
is listed immediately after you send it, possibly while it is still being
transmitted, but shortly after it disappears, regardless as to whether it
is actually printed.

	Michael Young