Discussion concerning SAM_ACCOUNT fields

Aurélien Degrémont adegremont at idealx.com
Mon Oct 20 16:23:46 GMT 2003

Hi,

I'm currently working on Samba patches and I noted that, in order to
implements some functionnalities, new fields must be added to sam
accounts as i already said.
It appeared that the following functionnalities need these fields :

- Password uniqueness:
Add "DATA_BLOB ntpassword_history[24]"
It will store the 24 former ntpassword hashes.

- Windows TSE as a domain member (and a Samba PDC)
Change munged_dial from (char *) to DATA_BLOB
Simo and Andrew B. have already accept this.
I tried to implement it but i've got problems as Windows send it as a
UNISTR2 and so, the datas must be converted and it implies 'difficulties'.

- Bad Password count
Add "time_t lockout_time"
This field is not present inside the 'classical' QueryUser requests but
it is inside the sam replication deltas (SAM_ACCOUNT_INFO) as Richard
found out (http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/msg31952.html).

Waiting for your comments about it.

T.I.A

Aurélien Degrémont