Printer driver upload - Samba 3.0.1pre1

C.Lee Taylor leet at leenx.co.za
Mon Oct 20 10:28:15 GMT 2003

> Can you send me a level 10 debug log off list ?

    Okay, seems like I am smoking my socks ... acutally, I think it
might be a warm up period problem.

    Modify smb.conf and put in "log level = 10", stop all services,
delete all logs, and restart all services. I did a quick run with Samba
3.0.0-2, stop all services, tarred the log directory, cleaned it out,
then upgraded to Samba 3.0.1pre1, made sure than the log directory was
clean, started all services, did a quick run, and found the "Pritners
and Faxes".  Throught I was going nuts.  Stop all services, tarred the
log directory, clean then out, removed the "log level = 10" and started
all services and ran again, this time did not find "Pritners and Faxes"
( not going nuts ), waited a few minutes and tried again, this time I
was able to find "Pritners and Faxes".  So it might a warm up period
that is a litle longer in 3.0.1pre1 than in 3.0.0, but then I am no Guru.

    If you still want my logs, let me know and I will send them.

Thanks
Mailed
Lee