CVS update: samba/docs

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Sun Oct 19 15:02:52 GMT 2003

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 12:20:27PM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote about 'Re: CVS update: samba/docs':
> Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> | Thanks, Jerry! Should I come up with a script that builds the
> | docs and a list of packages that need to be installed for it, so that
> | the docs for ftp://pserver.samba.org/pub/unpacked and the rsync tree
> | can be autogenerated? (just like the script that runs autogen.sh now)
> | Or would you like to have them generated differently?
> That would be great.  Would help me for thr
> release stuff as well.   Don't worry about it
> for the 3.0.1pre1 release today since I was planning
> using the docs already in the relewase branch.
Ok, here's what needs to be installed:

 * docbook-utils
 * xsltproc
 * pngtopnm and pnmtops (from the netpbm utilities)

For generating PDF (thru LaTeX):
 * db2latex (from db2latex.sf.net)
 * pdflatex

For generating PostScript (thru LaTeX):
 * latex
 * dvips

For generating ASCII:
 * xmlto

Please let me know if there's anything I can help with.

Jelmer

--
Jelmer Vernooij                                              <jelmer at samba.org>
http://samba.org/~jelmer/                             http://samba.vernstok.nl/