samba idmap questions

Luke Howard lukeh at PADL.COM
Wed Oct 15 08:32:51 GMT 2003

>    I throught about that too, but a few things that come to mind as
>possible problems ... first, AD only syncs to AD, so using AD replicate
>your idmap to other servers does not make sense ... two, the reason to

If you use the RFC 2307 or Microsoft Services for UNIX schema in Active
Directory, you _may_ be able to use the idmap_ad plugin available as
part of http://www.padl.com/download/xad_oss_plugins.tar.gz.

Note that this does not support automatic assignment of UNIX user and
group IDs; you will need to create them manually.

-- Luke