release tarball sizes

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Sat Oct 11 01:58:30 GMT 2003

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003, Tim Potter wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 03:18:02AM +0200, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
>
> > Packaging the docs sounds ok to me (though I'd prefer to always have
> > the manpages in the source). Something that can always be left out of
> > the source package are imho:
> >  - docbook sources (7.2M)
> >  - developer documentation (PDF, docbook and HTML)
>
> Good idea.  Manpages - maybe a copy of Using Samba as well - should
> be in the source tarball.

There is good reason toe include the Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf in the
sources - but if size is critical it can be left out. Just bear in mind
that if we elect to leave it out that will discourage Linux distros from
shipping it - which kind of defeats the whole purpose of creating it. :(

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org