Only WinXP clients working

Ranjit K Pedapati ranjit at cup.hp.com
Thu Oct 9 22:47:11 GMT 2003

Some times when XP, 2000 applications open the file and save it, the file
ownership gets changed; also, its permissions get changed to something like
744. I used to see that problem with NT4.0 and Windows2000 clients.

Check if that’s the case. If it is, you may be better off by forcing the
permissions for all the shared files to be set to 774 or something like
that.

- Ranjit
Engineer,
HP CIFS Team