can't run smbd

Joseph Mah jmah at caduc.com
Wed Oct 8 16:58:06 GMT 2003

Hello, can anyone help me with this error?

#smbd -D
exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program smbd because of the following errors:
        0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for smbd because:
        0509-136   Symbol strndup (number 198) is not exported from
                   dependent module /usr/lib/libc.a(shr.o).
        0509-192 Examine .loader section symbols with the
                 'dump -Tv' command.

I get this when trying to run smbd and nmbd.  Does this mean I need a newer libc.a library?

Thanks for any help

Joseph

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail and its attachments may contain PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION and/or PROTECTED PATIENT HEALTH INFORMATION intended solely for the use of Caduceus Inc. it's clients and the recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, printing, or copying of this e-mail message and/or any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete this e-mail [shred the document] and any attachments.