Possible bug in configure --with-krb5, Samba3.0 on Solaris9

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at Sun.COM
Wed Oct 8 15:35:02 GMT 2003

stephan.theiler at css.ch wrote:
> Hi David
>
> I was in a Seminar with John Terpstra of migrating Samba2.2.X to Samba3.0.
> So i have a problem with compiling Samba on a Solaris9 environement. John
> told me that you have some practice with the solaris- environement with
> samba3.0.

  	yes, I often help out with Samba on Solaris, but as
	it happens I've not yet tried Kerberos...

 > I have installed openldap-2.1.22 and  MIT-krb5-1.3.1 on the
> system. Gcc Version is listed below.

> configure options:
>
> ./configure     --prefix=/tools/samba/samba-3_rc4 \
>                 --with-krb5=/usr/kerberos \
>                 --with-ads=yes \
>                 --localstatedir=/var/log/css/samba

> From config.log on Solaris9
>
> Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/3.3/specs
> Configured with: ../configure --disable-nls --with-as=/usr/ccs/bin/as
> --with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/ld
> Thread model: posix
> gcc version 3.3
>
> configure:25409: result: no
> configure:25420: checking for memory keytab support
> configure:25448: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -I/usr/kerberos/include
> -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/kerberos/include   con
> ftest.c -lsec -lgen -lresolv -lsocket -lnsl -ldl   $(PURE)
> -L/usr/kerberos/lib -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lgen >&5
> gcc: $(PURE): No such file or directory
> configure:25451: $? = 1
> configure: program exited with status 1
> configure: failed program was:
> #line 25431 "configure"
> #include "confdefs.h"
>
> #include<krb5.h>
>   main()
>   {
>     krb5_context context;
>     krb5_keytab keytab;
>
>     krb5_init_context(&context);
>     if (krb5_kt_resolve(context, "MEMORY:", &keytab))
>       exit(0);
>     exit(1);
>   }
> configure:25469: result: yes
> configure:25498: error: libkrb5 is needed for Active Directory support
>

> Note: For us it is very important to solve this Problem. Then our
> NT-Administrators will migrate to Windows2003 and so we have to connect our
> Samba to and AD. So in our environement we dont have any
> Microsoftfileserver, the hole Officedatas are on Sambaservers. We have
> approx 2000 Employees that worked on this System. We have 2 Homeservers
> each have 1000 concurrent Users on it ( 1300 Sambaprocesses on each System
> SUN-E4500 with 4 CPU's and 6 GB RAM). Further we have approx 20 other
> Sambainstallations in our environement

	Ok, something is very wrong in the configure script, as
	$(PURE) got taken as a filename, not a shell variable!

	I'm going to cc this to samba-technical, as I suspect
	its going to be a rather small problem in the configure,
	which triggered a false negative.

	--dave

--
David Collier-Brown,       | Always do right. This will gratify
Sun Microsystems,          | some people and astonish the rest.
(905) 415-2849 or x52849   | davecb at canada.sun.com