logon scripts not executing

Brian Spears spearsb at konicabt.com
Tue Oct 7 02:39:41 GMT 2003

I've been chasing my tail trying to identify why we could not
get logon scripts working on several clients (w2k sp3/4, win98
etc) with samb3.0 / ldap.  Using any version up through today's
cvs.

Finally found a fix!  Removing the attribute sambaLogonScript,
from the individual users and letting them default (they where
the same!) worked flawlessly!  I've seen several posts
regarding logon script execution problems, so I'm hoping this
is not just something unique to our environment/build.

Brian Spears
Director Information Technologies
Konica Business Technologies U.S.A., Inc
860 697 2373
spearsb at konicabt.com