winbind "warm up" period?

Marc Kaplan MKaplan at snapappliance.com
Wed Oct 1 21:05:48 GMT 2003

Jerry,

Just a note that I'm seeing this too. Once winbindd starts, it is about
15-20 seconds before it can answer any wbinfo queries. For example wbinfo
-p, wbinfo --sequence, and wbinfo -m all fail with the same error code as if
winbindd were not running. I.e. "Could not YYY" where YYY is what you're
trying to do. Shouldn't the wbinfo command just wait until winbindd is able
to answer these queries rather than acting like winbindd is not alive?

		-Marc