AW: [Samba] Samba 3.0.0 + ADS authentication and login

Robert Sprockeels robert.sprockeels at boat.be
Wed Oct 1 12:58:55 GMT 2003

Hello chris,

> found the same here. the only difference i found (compared to rc4) was
> in winbindd_pam.c around line 98. i changed it back to rc4-code
> (changed "!*name_domain" to "!name_domain") and it works fine here
> now...

Thanks for your help.

I tried this out, but it doesn't seem to solve my problem. As far as I can
see, login succeeds because in /var/log/messages, I get:

Oct  1 14:30:29 workstation1 pam_winbind[30268]: user 'rsplin' granted access

But the following line says:

Oct  1 14:30:29 workstation1 login(pam_unix)[30268]: could not identify
user (from getpwnam(rsplin))
Oct  1 14:30:29 workstation1 login[30268]: User not known to the
underlying authentication module

This is for terminal login. For X login I get more or less the same
message from kde3.

So, my guess is that the part where the local uid/gid should be attributed
to the user fails. But I could be wrong...

> but i'm sure that's not the correct solution ;-)) maybe andrew can
> help....

I would certainly appreciate it ;-)

Regards,

Robert