NT status/error codes instead of DOS error codes - bug 3.0.0

John Kleven jkleven99 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 30 21:12:40 GMT 2003

K -- attached is trace of the problem from ethereal,
plus a copy of logs in /var/log/samba.  I ran smbd
with debug level 10.

It is weird because if an error actually occurs during
sending packets (i.e., bad password or invalid share,
etc) then smbd WILL return a DOS error code.  But for
succesful responses it always returns NT status code.

BTW, it might be 'ok' for smbd to return an NT status
code "success" to the negotiate protocol response
because at that point, the client (my code) has not
been able to even send the capabilities int yet.  But
after the session setup w/ the capabilities, it should
be illegal to return the NT status code - i think.

Thanks
John