[PATCH] bits of samba as a BDC
rrenard at idealx.com
Fri Nov 28 15:49:01 GMT 2003
Here is a patch, which is an improved version of the patch that i posted
1 month ago, which enable samba to work as a BDC of a NT-4.0 PDC.
this patch is against the SAMBA_3_0 branch (formerly CVS 3.0.1pre4)
what it does:
- when nmbd receives an "announce change to uas or sam" packet it parses
it and put some infos in a struct which is passed to smbd by the
internal message subsystem.
fields are: pdcname, low_serial, and the 3 modified_counts
- when smbd receives the message, it forks and start processing the
infos it just received in order to create the right
DatabaseDeltasRequest for the right database.
- it parses the deltas and gets all users and groups informations (only
adding those not delete), and also all the account policy in the
- adds a smbd/deltas.c which creates a modcount.tdb, and creates the
requests in order to get the deltas
- adds a rpc_client/cli_netlogon_util.c which contains the code from
utils/net_rpc_samsync.c ( code is moved from net_rpc_samsync into
- modify some stuff in rpc_netlogon.h
Waiting for your comments.
Richard Renard <rrenard at idealx.com>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 74381 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/attachments/20031128/46e88f0e/patch_bdc_samba.bin
More information about the samba-technical