samba3.0.1rc3 with smbladp-tools and MS Usermanger

Aurélien Degrémont adegremont at idealx.com
Mon Nov 24 09:49:51 GMT 2003

Hi,

Try to use CVS version of smbldap-tools and Samba-3.0.1-pre3, the
lastest Samba version (rc3 is not released yet :)).
With them, you will just have errors in UserManager when you'll delete
users ou groups. I'm actually tring to fix them, but important
modifications to LDAP backend must be done (Jerry said he will work on
it soon).

Do not use -a with the smbldap tools. Here is my configuration :

        add user script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -m "%u"
        delete user script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-userdel.pl "%u"
        add machine script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -w "%u"

        add group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-groupadd.pl -p "%g"
        delete group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-groupdel.pl "%g"
        add user to group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-groupmod.pl
        delete user from group script =
/usr/local/sbin/smbldap-groupmod.pl -x "%u" "%g"

If you really want to remove this messages, I've got a small patch to
correct the group delete error message.

Aurélien Degrémont