Magic scripts

Don McCall donmccall1 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 21 15:52:31 GMT 2003

Hi Jerry
I agree - they are very finiky anyway, and it's not like we don't TELL people pretty much everywhere from man page to doc's that they shouldn't depend on them.
We should make a splash about it thou, when we do, because the folks that DO disregard the warnings typically get married to their implementation, and we want them to know way up front.
Don

"Gerald (Jerry) Carter" <jerry at samba.org> wrote:
We're considereing pulling them in the next major
release. The really should be implemented by a VFS
module instead if people still want them.