Two corrections - possibly ...

leet at zeus.scania.co.za leet at zeus.scania.co.za
Fri Nov 21 13:37:52 GMT 2003

Greetings ...
> | First is that man Samba list smbgroupedit, which I
> | believe has been merged into "net groupmap".
> There's no mention of smbgrioupedit in the cvs docs
> so apparently this has been fixed already.
 Great, will look at the next update ...

> |  Using a ldapsam_compat SAM, I found that the Group SID
> | is 1201, and that it should be 512 for Samba 3, is it fine
> | to just change it in the LDAP DB "primaryGroupID" from 1201
> | to 512, or do I have to make a group mapping to a real
> | unix GID?
> You can change the rid but you also need a mapping
> to match a unix group IIRC.
 Okay, my unix user belongs to the "users" group, and I have my
primaryGroupID set to 512, it seems to work, but I will put a mapping in
place ...

> |  The other thing is the default for "logon path" and "logon
> | home" to use "%N", which does not reslove, I changed it to use
> | "%L" and then works fine.
> This has been fixed in 3.0.1pre3
 Great, I take it was fix about the same time "%S", but I don't remember
seeing the log in cvs ...

> | Also, I do remember seeing a warning when enabling
> | domain logons" while using winbind on RH9 using RPM's from Samba,
> | I don't know if FC1's rpm have this striped out.
> What warning?  Could you forward the excat message?
 Can't remember the warning, nut if you need it, I will have to setup up a
test RH9 system and installed the Samba rpm, and try duplicate my
smb.conf which gave us this warning ... if you like, I can do this next
week?

> |  Okay, the last thing, moving files for a profile from
> | a (RH8 - Samba 2.2.8a) server to a new ( FC1 - Samba 3.0.0 )
> | server, I had problems with some funny files ( quater character
> | has Samba panic, in 3.25 ) ... I am sure I saw some talk
> | on this before, but was wondering, short of
> | deleting, is there a possible workaround or fix for this?
> Fix the files name.  This has been convered in threads before
> (and I don't remember the exact syntax, but it is scriptable).
 I know it was covered in a thread, but I could not find anything, so that
is why I asked ... for now I have deleted the files that have this
problem, and hope to see what happens with new profiles ... hoping I can
steal their files and move the back in place.

Thanks
Mailed
Lee