Questions about charset modules

Benjamin Riefenstahl Benjamin.Riefenstahl at epost.de
Wed Nov 19 12:10:56 GMT 2003

Hi Jeremy,

Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org> writes:
> Well the readme states it breaks ads support, so I'd rather that get
> fixed first. But it's in my patch queue for 3.0.x.

Sorry, that's a misunderstanding, my fault.

Kerberos integration doesn't work on Mac OS X (at least 10.2)
independently of this code.  As I understand it, Samba uses some
symbols that are not exported from the Apple-supplied dynamic
libraries.

Anyway the code that I posted doesn't touch ADS or Kerberos code, it
is strictly an external charset encoding module with integration into
the build process.  With this addition, Samba 3 works on Mac OS X at
all.

I just wanted to mention the Kerberos issue, so people know what they
get and what they don't.

benny