PrintingDefaults

Pradeepa Venkatswamy pradeepa.venkatswamy at wipro.com
Sat Nov 15 05:45:06 GMT 2003

    Hi,

    We are using Samba 2.2.8a version.We are facing memory consumption
issue in poing and print operation.

    while doing operation(click on) PrinterProperties->advanced
tab->printing defaults.

    1.During this operation the memory consumption is around 14MB which
is quite huge memory usage(this is very badly affecting the system).And
this memory is released after this operation is over.

    2.This behaviour is observed only during first time download and try
to set printing defaults.From second time download onwards there is no
huge memory consumption.

    3.We have observed the ethereal dump for first download and
seconddownload.In first download openprinterex is getting exchanged many
times.

We would like to know why there is a huge memory consumption during
first time download printerproperties->advanced tab->printing defaults

what happens when printing defaults is clicked????

Regards,
V.Pradeepa,

------------
Wipro Technologies
No.26,Hosur Main Road
Bommanahalli
Bangalore - 560 068.INDIA
Tel :+91-80-5732293 Ex.5236
Fax :+ 91-80-5732696

you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin at wipro.com immediately
and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments