What's next for Samba ?

Yasuma Takeda yasuma at miraclelinux.com
Fri Nov 14 09:54:40 GMT 2003

tridge at samba.org wrote:

> A good start might be to create a source/torture/intl/ directory in
> the Samba4 tree, and start a INTL-* set of tests (like the RAW-* and
> RPC-* tests). That way you could work much more independently, and add
> your tests without running into conflicts with other developers
> working on other parts of the test suite.

> I would also suggest that you look at the torture/raw/*.c tests in
> Samba4 as an example of the style of test that we should aim for in
> the future. The style is I think much better than the
> torture/torture.c code in Samba3.

Thanks for your suggestion.
I confirmed the Samba4 test suite.
And I decided to rewrite our test programs for the Samba4 test suite.
I'd like to use a source/torture/intl directory, ok?

> Are you in touch with Takahashi Motonobu (monyo at samba.org) ? He has
> cvs commit access for Samba, so in the first instance I think you
> should contact him and discuss your changes. If he is unable to help
> you for whatever reason then get back to us and we will work out
> something else.

Yes. I am getting his advice. But he is very busy.
Otherwise, we have many times and resources to improve Samba.

Therefore, we will make paches and submit them to Bugzilla.
If anyone need, we explain the detail of a patch.

Thanks,

--
TAKEDA yasuma (yasuma at miraclelinux.com)
http://www.miraclelinux.com