hot topic #2

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at vernstok.nl
Thu Nov 13 18:18:47 GMT 2003

Hi!

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 09:13:28AM -0600, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote about 'hot topic #2':
> Voting time:

> ~  Q) Do people think keepiong the <pubdate> tag
> ~     in the docs is a good idea?

> ~  Problem is that people forget to update the pubdate
> ~  and so thing look out of date.  I personally think
> ~  that we should just pull it form the front page
> ~  of the HOWTO collection.  I don't care about the
> ~  other docs as long as people update it when they
> ~  update the information.
Let's use $Date$ tags! ;-)

Ok, seriously: I don't think it's very useful to keep them in. They're
a pain to keep up to date. Having a valid date in there is very
useful though, so we might want to take a different approach: get the
last date from CVS using a script and put that inside the (generated)
TeX file?

Jelmer

--
Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at nl.linux.org> - http://jelmer.vernstok.nl/